Raymond Dake joined the firm as an associate in 2013 and represents clients in employment litigation, including sex, age, race, and disability discrimination matters, whistleblowing, harassment and retaliation claims, and wage and hour class actions, as well as personal injury litigation, Workers’ Compensation disputes, and Social Security Disability matters. Mr. Dake is licensed to practice in Missouri state court, as well as the federal courts in the District of Kansas and the Western District of Missouri. Prior to joining Siro Smith Dickson PC, Mr. Dake gained an extensive background in civil litigation as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Joel P. Fahnestock at the Jackson County Circuit Court (2010-11), and as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable James M. Smart Jr. at the Missouri Court of Appeals – Western District (2011-13). In addition, during law school, Mr. Dake worked as a law clerk for another area law firm specializing in plaintiff’s medical malpractice and product liability litigation and as a judicial intern for a federal judge in the Western District of Missouri.
Mr. Dake earned his Juris Doctor degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law in 2010. During law school, Mr. Dake served as Managing Editor of UMKC Law Review; staff member of the American Bar Association’s publication, The Urban Lawyer; member of the Moot Court (Appellate Advocacy) Executive Board; received a degree emphasis in Litigation Law; and received the West Publishing Company Award for Outstanding Scholarly Accomplishment among other honors. In addition, Mr. Dake served as Visiting Professor of Political Science at the University of Missouri – Kansas City teaching undergraduate courses on Constitutional Law covering civil liberties and federal systems in 2011 and 2012.
2010: University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Emphasis: Litigation Law
- Emphasis: Urban, Land Use, & Environmental Law
- West Publishing Company Award for Outstanding Scholarly Accomplishment (2010)
- Highest Grade: Contracts I & II, Federal Taxation, Business Organizations, Federal Jurisdiction, Environmental Law, Conflicts of Law, Missouri Civil Procedure, & Seminar in Constitutional Interpretation
2007: Vanderbilt University, B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science
- Vanderbilt University Outstanding Senior Finalist, Fall 2006
- Outstanding Band Member of the Year, 2006
- Pi Sigma Alpha, Political Science Honors Fraternity, member
- Missouri Bar Association, member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, member
- Association of Women Lawyers, member
- National Employment Lawyers Association – Kansas City Chapter, member
- Vanderbilt Alumni Association, member