Kansas City Slip and Fall Lawyer
Expert Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys Serving The Clients In Kansas City, MO
A slip and fall, or trip and fall, an accident occurs when a dangerous condition causes a fall victim to sustain severely, and at times, life-threatening injuries. It can happen on governmental properties, private residences, or business/commercial properties – anywhere you may visit as a guest or customer for personal, civic, or business activities. If it has happened to you, seek legal advice from a Kansas City slip and fall lawyer.
If you have sustained serious injuries in a slip or trip and fall, our premises liability lawyers at Siro Smith Dickson can help you get the compensation you deserve. We have been at it for more than forty (40) years and have provided legal support for people and families who have been hurt by the actions and omissions of another person or business. We go all the way to get you the compensation you deserve and we don’t back down unless we get desirable results. Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation and let us get started on your slip and fall case.
Common Causes Of Slip And Fall Accidents
Sometimes, it is easy for a slip and fall accident victim to assume a fall was his or her fault because the cause of the fall is not apparent or obvious at first. However, know that slip and fall accidents are not commonplace, and if you fall victim to one, do not be quick to assume it was your fault. Our Kansas City slip and fall lawyer lists some common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Wet or slick surfaces either from water left by a janitor on a hotel lobby or restaurant floor, produce or other products dropped in a grocery store, or oil or other slippery substances carelessly spilled on a property’s floor.
- Icy conditions resulting from snow or ice-covered sidewalks or parking lots in winter, where the owner or operator knew or should have known of the danger, and failed to remedy it.
- Uneven floors and surfaces, such as loose, wobbly or broken stairs, large cracks in walkways, uneven sidewalk slabs, and unexpected drops from one elevation to another.
- Negligently or poorly maintained properties contribute to slip and fall, or trip and fall, accidents. Property owners, operators, and landlords are expected to keep public, common, and even private areas in a reasonably good, safe condition. This includes providing proper lighting, adequate security, regular maintenance, and performing routine repairs. If they fail in any of these duties and you get injured as a result, then you have the right to seek compensation.
- Dangerously placed obstacles may trip unsuspecting customers or visitors. Property owners and operators have a duty to inspect their premises for dangerous conditions that may cause injury, and remove the danger, or at a minimum, barricade and/or warn customers of the danger so they can protect themselves from serious injury.
Who Should I Hold Liable For My Slip and Fall Accident?
When you sustain injuries in a slip and fall accident on premises that are not yours in Missouri, you may hold the careless or negligent property owner, manager, or operator liable for your injuries. For example, if you slip and fall on an icy parking lot, you may hold the property owner, manager, operator liable for your injuries. Likewise, if you trip and fall on broken stairs or other dangerous conditions at a home or business, the homeowner or business owner or operator may be held liable for your injuries. As with most accidents including car accidents, motorcycle accidents and others, slip and fall injuries require someone to be help accountable.
You cannot hold a person or company responsible when you slip, trip and fall due to no fault of the landowner or business operator. You must be able to show that the negligence or carelessness of the property owner caused or contributed to cause your fall and injuries. Siro Smith Dickson has helped clients for years and you can trust their legal advice.
Our Kansas City Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
Determining fault and getting compensation for your slip and fall accident can be challenging. However, our experienced Kansas City slip and fall attorneys can help increase your chances of securing a favorable outcome. Reach out to us today and let’s get started on your case. Contact us from this website, or call us at (816) 471-4881.