Rik N. Siro
Rik N. Siro is a Trial Lawyer with almost forty (40) years of experience evaluating and litigating claims for serious personal injury, wrongful death, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination.
Mr. Siro began his legal career as an associate at Murphy, Pearson, Bradley and Feeney in San Francisco. He then moved to Kansas City and practiced law at Gage & Tucker (now Lathrop & Gage) for two years. In 1985, Mr. Siro joined the Blumer & Nally law firm, became a firm partner (Blumer Nally & Siro), and is now a senior partner at Siro Smith Dickson, P.C. Mr. Siro has been recognized as a Missouri/Kansas “Super Lawyer,” one of Kansas City’s “Best of the Bar,” and Missouri Lawyers Weekly Power 30 in Employment Law.
After working for larger firms at the beginning of his career, Mr. Siro appreciates the streamlined abilities of a smaller firm. He likes to be actively involved in the community and enjoys the personal contact he has working hand-in-hand with his clients to successfully resolve their legal disputes and damage claims. For Mr. Siro, it is not about the quantity of cases in the office — it is about the quality of people he represents, and the strong desire to seek and achieve justice for his clients and their families.
In the areas of personal injury and wrongful death, he handles cases involving:
- Cars, trucks, boats, and motorcycles
- Medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, and neglect
- Dangerous products, including consumer/industrial products, defective drugs & medical devices
- Slip and fall injuries, dangerous conditions of private and public properties, and other claims of negligence or intentional misconduct.
As a Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyer, he has extensive experience evaluating and trying cases involving wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblowing, and wage & hour disputes.
Mr. Siro also maintains an active practice as a Mediator in the areas of Employment Law and Personal Injury.
Mr. Siro is licensed to practice in all courts of the states of Missouri and California, and the following Federal Courts:
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- The United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- The Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal for the Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits
1982 University of California School of Law, Hastings College of the Law, Cum Laude, J.D.
1979 University of Missouri-Columbia, Magna Cum Laude, B.A.
Law School Honors – Thurston Honor Society
Undergraduate Honors – Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society